PERSONALIZED CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COACHING & CONSULTING
So here is the short story version. Children’s Ministry Coaching and Consulting is the very foundation upon which One On One Ministry was formed. Let’s be honest, more often then not, the children’s director position is filled by the next available body, and I was no exception to that rule. A few hundred mistakes later and by God’s grace, I gained the knowledge and experience to build a thriving ministry to children and adults that changed lives for the kingdom. And to God be the glory, those lives are still bearing fruit today!
As years went by, I was sought out by various ministry leaders from other churches struggling with some of the same issues. I met with them on a monthly basis, to brainstorm ideas, offer support and share our internal ministry operations. Out of that experience God birthed in me a heart to minister to children’s pastors and directors, one on one, in order to equip, encourage, and empower them in their God given ministry to children and adults. It has been a humbling experience, an honor and a blessing to serve those who serve others.
As your personal One-On-One ministry coach our top priority is you! We come along side you to offer encouragement and support in your personal, spiritual and ministry life. The buzzword is “Soul Care”. So if you find yourself stuck, not sure what steps to take next in order to move forward, we would be honored to partner with you. Our goal is to help you develop yourself as a leader, gain confidence and momentum as you become fully equipped in what God has entrusted to you.
3-Month Leadership Development Plan6 One-hour personal coaching sessions. 2 per month. Plans consist of a 60 min phone, video chat, or in person meeting, depending on location. Plans include unlimited e-mail access for the extent of the development plan. Unlike “group” coaching our personal coaching sessions are focused solely on you and your specific ministry needs.
6-Month Leadership Development Plan#12 One-hour personal coaching sessions. 2 per month. Plans consist of a 60 min phone, video chat, or in person meeting, depending on location. Plans include unlimited e-mail access for the extent of the development plan. Unlike “group” coaching our personal coaching sessions are focused solely on you and your specific ministry needs.
One Time Coaching SessionMaybe you just need to brainstorm through a situation or organize a particular task assigned to you; this is where a one-hour session is invaluable. To get started, we need an initial e-mail outlining your specific needs, then we set up a date and time for a 60 min phone call, video chat, or to meet in person, depending on location. Included is a follow up e-mail with any additional resources that might be helpful.
Every situation is unique. Contact us for a free initial assessment. Together we can collaborate on a customized leadership development plan that will be specifically tailored to meet your current needs.
“Whether it is right or wrong, or you believe it or not, statistics show that parents make a decision on what church their family will attend according to the ministry and programs that are offered for their children and youth. This doesn’t mean you have to run them ragged with programs, have the best room visually or all the latest greatest gadgets. What is most appreciated is that children and families feel valued, supported and loved. They stay committed and connected to God and each other because the church truly cares about the physical and spiritual well being of the entire family.”
If attendance in children’s ministry has felt like a revolving door lately, or the ministry feels “stuck” it might be time to take another look from an outside perspective.
Why should you hire a consultant? We are not members of your church, nor do we have a ‘pet ministry’ or agenda. We will see the same things you do, but with fresh eyes.
Below are three different assessments you can choose from, or they can be combined for a more through, in depth assessment:
1. INTERNAL OPERATIONS ASSESSMENT
A one on one personalized consulting experience with the children’s ministry leader consists of a general sweep of the internal operating systems, strategies and structure of the ministry. This is a great way to have a real, honest evaluation as to how well you and your ministry team are succeeding and where you may need to grow. You can also use this opportunity to ask questions you may feel more comfortable asking in a private setting. You select the areas of focus that include but are not limited to:
- Curriculum selection, program development and implementation of rotating curriculum within various grade levels in order to build a spiritual foundation. (bullets colored)
- Children’s spiritual formation and discipleship strategies.
- Engaging and partnering with parents.
- Information and communication systems between parents, team members & staff (online and on site).
- Security procedures & traffic flow.
- Volunteer recruiting, training, discipling and development practices.
- Volunteer screening, assimilation processes and rotating team schedules.
- Aligning vision with other areas of the church, mission statement and goals.
- General ministry policies and procedures.
- Transitions from children’s ministry to jr. high & youth group.
- Staff changes, reworking mission, exploring new ministry models/paradigms .
- Organizing and planning vacation Bible school, camps and special events.
- Classroom environment, theme and design in a temporary or permanent location, and so much more!
2. ON SITE ASSESSMENT
We like to call this assessment, “Undercover Kid”. We evaluate your ministry and provide a unique outside perspective on what it’s really like for a parent and child to visit your church for the first time. Imagine the valuable insight you could gain from an expert check-up of your children’s ministry from the curb to the chair without anyone on your team knowing it. That’s what “Undercover Kid” is all about. Were your “fly on the wall” so to speak, from a visitor’s point of view.
Observing your ministry “in action” to assess fundamental elements such as:
- Overall perception of how the church values ministry to children.
- Facility, signage, use of space & customer service.
- Traffic flow, check-in/out systems, adherence to policy and safety procedures.
- Staffing, teacher/volunteer preparedness, training, flow of room & parent interaction.
- Weekly program structure, child interaction, age-appropriate teaching, discipleship and more.
3. PRIVATE SURVEY ASSESSMENT
Take the assessment to the next level by surveying various persons impacted by the children’s ministry. Participating in the survey is convenient and private. Participants complete the survey online, or on the go, through their phones. A code is used so their identity is kept private. This also insures that the participant can complete only one survey.
You can choose to survey one or all of the people listed below. Each survey can be customized with questions specific to your needs.
- Children’s Ministry Team Members.
- Parents & Children .
- Senior and/or Executive Pastors, Staff & Elders.
- A detailed description of the assessment data gathered will be e-mailed to the children’s ministry leader and/or the senior pastor.
- A 90 min consultation with the children’s ministry leader and/or the senior pastor in order to review and discuss the areas the ministry excels in as well as the recommended course of action needed to move the ministry to the next-level.
- Depending on location this will be conducted in person, via phone or video chat.
- Unlimited e-mail access for the following month in order to answer any questions concerning the recommended course of action.
- Possible 2nd “Undercover Kid” if more assessment is needed to evaluate other teams.
What people are saying…
We came across One On One Ministry at just the right time for our church. We were growing in our kids’ ministry, needing to transition from a ministry with 50 kids that was now accommodation 100 kids each week along with needing to find the right leader to move us forward. Karen and Kayla stepped in to not only train our leaders and help create systems that could sustain growth but they were also able to find the right leader for our church and ministry. Without them, we would still be spinning our wheels and trying to stay afloat. I can’t recommend them highly enough. Whether you are looking for training for your leaders, coaching or hiring a new children’s pastor, One On One Ministry is where you need to start.”
Pastor Revolution Church